Sunday, February 28, 2010

Revitalization At Its Best



I need winter to end in the worst way. My soul needs an adventure. I need to feel the freedom of carrying the essentials along while I forget the other cares of the world. I need to smell the sunshine when it kisses my bare shoulders each time I venture out of the shade of things that are green. I need to stretch out in a shallow river and feel the water trickle over my weary muscles so that I can bask on a toasty rock the size of my living room while I dry. I need the taste of food that doesn't require a pause in my journey, at the same time knowing that when the time is right, I can make a home with what I have in the middle of nowhere.

I need to travel in step with a soul mate that I don't have to talk to and spend precious time with my Maker while we browse the landscape of His creation. I want to sing at the top of my lungs the joy that overflows when I'm gazing at the wonders of His work.

I need to put miles behind me on a journey that stretches endless more miles ahead- miles that are filled with such beauty that they saturate my senses and revive my soul.

Any takers?

1 comment:

  1. I'm in! A rock the size of a living room sounds good! Camping at it's best! Just make sure that there's an outhouse nearby so I don't *ahem* take care of business with poison ivy...lol!!

    ReplyDelete